Dating after a breakup doesn’t have to be a one shot deal. The more practice you get the better the odds will be that you’ll wheedle a second date out of the deal. However, if you use these five tips you will greatly improve your odds for a second date every single time.
What are they?
1) Don’t be late. Or too early, for that matter. Precise arrival is essential so your date won’t get any wrong signals. Come 30 minutes late, and you can bid your second date goodbye. Come half an hour early, and you’ll creep her out because you’ll seem too eager.
2) Let her get to know you. If she asks you to tell her about yourself, don’t make it hard for her and avoid giving her one-word responses. First dates are getting- to-know-you stage, and you need to make her feel comfortable getting to know you by contributing to the conversation. The more she knows about you, the better she can decide if she wants to go out with you again.
3) Have a plan for the evening. Don’t just show up and ask her what she wants to do. Be open to suggestions or rearranging those plans if needed but have a plan in mind for what you’re going to do and where you’re going to go when you get there.
She doesn’t want to spend half the first date working out the details. She wants to be spending that time learning a little more about who you are as a person and whether or not she’s really interested in learning more about you.
4) Give her your full attention. Sure, you can talk about yourself so she can decide if she wants to go out with you again. But don’t talk about yourself all night long. Ask her to talk about herself, too. Find out what makes her tick, what you guys have in common. Women are usually reserved on the first date thinking all guys are insensitive and only like to talk about themselves. Pleasantly surprise her by showing what a great listener you are
5) Initiate the second date. Don’t wait for her to bring it up, or call you. Of course, you don’t have to be too eager and ask for a second date halfway through your first, but the point is the asker has to be you. Most women do not make the first move.
So, if you want to get to know her a little bit better and are angling for a second date, ask. If you want to play it safe, don’t do the asking during the date. Call her a day or two after. That way, you both get some time to think whether a second date is what you both want.
Sometimes you’ll decide that you’re not really interested in a second date. What you’d rather have is a second chance. Do you want to know how to get your ex girlfriend back? I can help you with that.